AmbassadorsHome » Ambassadors
Off Campus Ambassadors
The Off Campus Ambassador (OCA) mission is to connect students to the on and off campus community by promoting inclusivity, leadership, and involvement.
Students will improve leadership skills by working on a team in a supportive environment.
Students will be able to successfully create educational and fun programming that will improve the lives of students at the University of Florida.
Who are the Off Campus Ambassador?
Off Campus Ambassadors (OCA's) are sponsored by the Office of Off Campus Life (OCL). They facilitate connections between University of Florida students, both on and off campus, to the surrounding community. OCA's assist with events and outreach efforts to help educate students living outside of campus about the City of Gainesville, while providing information on municipal, cultural, social and safety issues.
By participating in Off Campus Ambassadors, you will have the opportunity to improve your leadership skills and work on a team in a supportive environment. You will also be able to assist with the production of educational and fun programming that will improve the lives of students at the University of Florida. OCA’s should be dedicated, creative, eager-to-learn, hard workers, and are open to new people and ideas.
Application deadline: Monday, October 31st, 5pm.
- Applications to be an OCA member open on Monday, August 22nd and close on Monday, October 31st at 5pm.
- Off Campus Ambassadors meet every two weeks and hold weekly events.
- Attendance at meetings and monthly events is a requirement of being a member.
- Please consider your leadership, work, and class commitments before applying to be an Off Campus Ambassador.
- Off Campus Ambassadors will complete an interview with a current Off Campus Ambassador as part of the member selection process.
- After a completed application has been submitted (Monday, October 31st, 5pm deadline) and reviewed, an Off Campus Ambassador or Off Campus Life staff member will contact you to schedule an interview.
To apply click here.